When shipping or accepting live animals for transport by air, you must know how to use and comply with the IATA Live Animals Regulations (LAR). The IATA LAR is the global standard and essential guide to transporting live animals by air in a safe and humane manner. Whether you are a shipper, a freight forwarder or a cargo acceptance representative, a working knowledge of LAR is a must to ensure that live animals are transported in compliance with airline regulations and animal welfare standards. Learn about container requirements, documentation requirements, and awareness of animals’ health. Learn how to comply with standards and international welfare regulations. Note: This awareness course meets the training requirements for handling and acceptance personnel, as per the Live Animals Regulations (LAR) Section 1.4
- This course requires approximately 1.5 hours of study, to be completed in 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- After the enrollment validity expires, you will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Protect the safety and welfare of animals on the ground and in the air
- Describe container design principles for live animals
- Determine which container requirement is applicable to the animal being transported
- Describe carrier requirements and government regulations
- Identify relevant documentation
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Correct use of IATA’s Live Animals Regulations manual
- Shipper’s and Carrier’s responsibilities
- Government and airline regulations
- Documentation, marking and labelling requirements for live animal shipments.
- Classification of live animals and identification of the correct container requirement
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo agents and freight forwarders
- Airline passenger representatives
- Cargo Operations personnel
- Customer Service
- Reservations and Operations staff
- Airline Handlers
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records. As per LAR 1.4, this Certificate is valid for 36 months.
Please read the IATA Training Unsupervised Online Examination Student User Guide for Partner-taught or Self-study exams.
- Method: Unsupervised online exam The exam/assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 20 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 1 hour
- Passing grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.
Important Information: Our trainer are currently doing job with Travelport, Amadeus, Sabre, and many travel agencies. And IATA E-learning designed by IATA, which are operate by IATA, We help student to get the course with cheaper price. So simply we provide the IATA E-learning course to global travel market. Our online course operate by many travel agencies and travel business consultant. And workshop and training operate by zooFamily. Our students not only learn here, but also they can be a travel business entrepreneur with us! So it’s a unique platform to join us as a student.
We offer students a career profile as well, where the students will get B2B ID, GDS ID, IATA ID, and an official bank account, where the students will get their commission and job salary. With this career profile a students can apply for any kind of visa, even they can apply a job in the global travel marketplace! And in a school everyone can’t touch the success, only efficient and active students get the success. So let’s touch the global travel marketplace together!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 90 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 21
- Assessments Yes