IATA has joined forces with Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University–Worldwide (ERAU) to bring you an online Aviation Management certificate. This Certificate program combines two key aviation courses from IATA and four courses from ERAU.
Designed for junior level managers currently working in the aviation industry or professionals entering the industry and seeking a managerial role, the certificate’s curriculum addresses topics such as the overview and interdependence of the air transportation system and fundamental skills required of supervisors and/or managers. Courses are offered fully online and are self-paced. Enrollment is open and courses can be started at any time.
- All 6 courses of this Certificate program must be completed within one year. Extensions are not permitted but will be considered for extenuating circumstances. A USD500 extension fee will be charged for any extension.
- All course material and exams are self-contained within each course. Exams are completed at your own pace in the online course and do not have to be scheduled separately. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Please note that the course material is online only and that many of the course materials are not available for download.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, you will have the skills to:
- Become a more valuable employee or potential employee by having a thorough knowledge of the air transport industry, its function and role
- Provide insight into current trends and issues in civil aviation, such as aviation safety and security, law and new technologies
- Develop an understanding of strategic planning, planning models and adaptive planning
- Describe how management principles are applied in today’s competitive airline industry
- Develop an understanding of international aviation business management
- Develop an enhanced leadership self-awareness and a leadership philosophy
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Role and function of airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities and air navigation service providers
- Effective marketing tools
- Roots of strategic planning, planning frameworks and adaptive planning considerations
- Management techniques, deregulation and its effect upon business considerations; and allocation of resources for maximum benefit to customers, airlines and shareholders.
- Geographic, social and cultural managerial elements within international aviation management.
- Definitions of leadership and understanding leadership in particular contexts.
This certificate comprises of 6 courses
2 IATA Courses
These 2 courses each require approximately 45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not be able to take the exam.
- Air Transport Fundamentals(IATA):This course will provide you with an overview of the air transportation system and the interdependence among its components: airlines, airports, civil aviation authorities and air navigation services.
- Airline Marketing (IATA): This course presents common airline marketing and commercial trends to help you revamp your marketing practices and develop an efficient marketing plan. Technology and effective methods of communication are becoming a vital part of customer retention. This course presents different tools that makes it easier to identify targets and objectives. We also take a closer look at airline alliances, its benefits and potential drawbacks.
4 ERAU Courses
These 4 courses require approximately 30 hours of study each, to be completed within 12 months.
- Airline Management (ERAU): An introduction to the administrative aspects of airline operation and management is provided in this course. Topics include the annual profit plan, uniform system of accounts and reports, demand analysis, scheduling, the theory of pricing, fleet planning, facilities planning, and airline financing.
- International Aviation Management (ERAU): You will perform an investigation of international aviation management and its three elements: the nature of international aviation business; working in a foreign environment; and managing in an international environment.
- Leadership Development (ERAU): This course will help you develop self-awareness as a leader. You will explore leadership styles and learn how to use leadership assessments to understand yourselves and develop high performing teams. You will learn about adaptive leadership while considering the adequacy of traditional theories for leading in complex environments. You will walk away from this course as more capable and confident leaders.
- Strategic Planning (ERAU): This course will introduce you to the essential components of strategic planning (Mission, Vision, Values, Goals, Objectives, Strategies, and Action Items). The course will review how the elements of a strategic plan form a coherent framework for operationalizing an organization’s most important work. You will walk away with a toolkit for leading or participating in strategic planning within your organization.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Junior level managers in all fields of aviation
- Managers entering the aviation industry
- Aviation professionals seeking a managerial/supervisory role
- Upon successful completion of the IATA exam/assessments, you will be awarded an IATA Certificate that you can print for your records.
- Upon successful completion of each ERAU course, you will be awarded 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
- Upon successful completion of the complete IATA – Embry-Riddle Aviation Management Certificate program, you must request your certificate via email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will also be awarded the IATA Aviation Management Professional Designation (AvMP).
Please read the IATA Training Unsupervised Online Examination Student User Guide for Partner-taught or Self-study exams.
- Method: Unsupervised online exam The exam/assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 3 hours
- Passing grade: 60% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.
- Delivery method: Unsupervised online-based exam. The exam can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Important Information: Our trainer are currently doing job with Travelport, Amadeus, Sabre, and many travel agencies. And IATA E-learning designed by IATA, which are operate by IATA, We help student to get the course with cheaper price. So simply we provide the IATA E-learning course to global travel market. Our online course operate by many travel agencies and travel business consultant. And workshop and training operate by zooFamily. Our students not only learn here, but also they can be a travel business entrepreneur with us! So it’s a unique platform to join us as a student.
We offer students a career profile as well, where the students will get B2B ID, GDS ID, IATA ID, and an official bank account, where the students will get their commission and job salary. With this career profile a students can apply for any kind of visa, even they can apply a job in the global travel marketplace! And in a school everyone can’t touch the success, only efficient and active students get the success. So let’s touch the global travel marketplace together!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 365 days
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes