Following the ICAO Council 207th Session in 2016, a new Global Reporting Format (GRF) for Runway Surface Condition Assessment and Reporting will be applicable as of 4 November 2021. The GRF is a globally harmonized methodology that is intended to be the only reporting format for international aviation, with the objective of reducing runway excursions. In a joint effort between IATA and ICAO, this course aims to assist flight crew to understand and use the new runway condition reporting requirements as outlined in ICAO Circular 355 (Assessment, Measurement and Reporting of Runway Surface Conditions) and ICAO Doc 10064 (Aeroplane Performance Manual [APM]). Get to know fundamental changes in the new reporting system related to the introduction of Runway Condition Code (RWYCC) and enable flight crew assessment of takeoff and landing performances based upon the reported runway surface condition.
- This self-study e-learning course requires approximately 3 hours (study and exam), to be completed within 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Explain the need and fundamental requirements for a harmonized GRF for Runway Condition Assessment and Reporting
- Summarize the end-to-end process of a Runway Condition Assessment and Reporting
- Describe the factors which require adjustments to braking and acceleration performance to account for runway conditions
- Use a Runway Condition Report (RCR) to assess takeoff and landing performance
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Runway condition report (RCR), Runway Condition Assessment Matrix (RCAM) and Runway Condition Code (RWYCC);
- The impact of different runway conditions on flight planning and operations
- Runway contaminants
- Airline activities in the end-to-end process of a Runway Condition Assessment
- Pilot-observed Runway Condition Reports
- Conditions for Downgrading/Upgrading a report
- Takeoff and landing performances
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Flight crew
- Airline operational staff
- Performance/Operations engineers
- Ground School students
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the IATA Training Unsupervised Online Examination Student User Guide for Partner-taught or Self-study exams.
- Method: Unsupervised online exam The exam/assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 25 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 1 hour
- Passing grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.
Important Information: Our trainer are currently doing job with Travelport, Amadeus, Sabre, and many travel agencies. And IATA E-learning designed by IATA, which are operate by IATA, We help student to get the course with cheaper price. So simply we provide the IATA E-learning course to global travel market. Our online course operate by many travel agencies and travel business consultant. And workshop and training operate by zooFamily. Our students not only learn here, but also they can be a travel business entrepreneur with us! So it’s a unique platform to join us as a student.
We offer students a career profile as well, where the students will get B2B ID, GDS ID, IATA ID, and an official bank account, where the students will get their commission and job salary. With this career profile a students can apply for any kind of visa, even they can apply a job in the global travel marketplace! And in a school everyone can’t touch the success, only efficient and active students get the success. So let’s touch the global travel marketplace together!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes