Geography is central to tourism as travelers take into account the travel time, routing, and local climate when choosing a vacation destination. In order to successfully sell travel products, you need to understand what drives tourist decisions and what geographically sets places apart. Study world geography and time zones to better advise clients on travel destinations and tours, and explore different regional modes of transport to offer customized travel itineraries.
- This self-study e-learning course requires approximately 20 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam/assessment.
- The recommended level for this course is Intermediate.
- Student performance will be based on an examination/assessment. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Plan travel itineraries
- Read maps using longitude and latitude
- Use three-letter city and airport codes
- Market and sell different types of geography based travel (physical, cultural and destination)
- Understand different modes of transport around the world
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Marketing and selling geography-based travel
- Understanding and reading maps
- Three-letter city codes
- Planning travel itineraries
- Currencies and currency codes
- World time zones
- Different modes of transport around the world
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel counselors
- Airline sales and service staff members
- Tour operators
- Travel agents
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Delivery method: Unsupervised online-based exam. Assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 100 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 2 hours
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam/assessment attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.
Important Information: Our trainer are currently doing job with Travelport, Amadeus, Sabre, and many travel agencies. And IATA E-learning designed by IATA, which are operate by IATA, We help student to get the course with cheaper price. So simply we provide the IATA E-learning course to global travel market. Our online course operate by many travel agencies and travel business consultant. And workshop and training operate by zooFamily. Our students not only learn here, but also they can be a travel business entrepreneur with us! So it’s a unique platform to join us as a student.
We offer students a career profile as well, where the students will get B2B ID, GDS ID, IATA ID, and an official bank account, where the students will get their commission and job salary. With this career profile a students can apply for any kind of visa, even they can apply a job in the global travel marketplace! And in a school everyone can’t touch the success, only efficient and active students get the success. So let’s touch the global travel marketplace together!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 20 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Yes