Delivered in media-rich and interactive animation, this course is a journey that begins by comparing existing direct and indirect air distribution channels. Then it presents today’s emerging distribution systems supported by New Distribution Capability (NDC) standards. You will appreciate how airlines optimally distribute their products and services through their own website channels and how the industry is working to replicate the same functionality in indirect channels used by travel agents and other intermediaries. This course ends with a tour of innovative enhancements in distribution that is only possible in an NDC environment. Such enhancements benefit all players in the travel value chain, creating an improved user and customer experience. This course will satisfy your curiosity around NDC, dispel potential myths and provide practical learning through NDC simulation.
- This e-learning course requires approximately 5 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam/assessment.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Student performance will be based on an exam/assessment. Please refer to the Exam/Assessment Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Explain the advantages and limitations inherent to making and managing flight reservations via traditional indirect channels
- Describe how New Distribution Capability (NDC) enables airline suppliers and online booking engines to enhance direct distribution of travel products, especially ancillary sales
- Implement new technologies to enhance the travel shopping experience for self-service consumers
- Anticipate the value that the next generation of New Distribution Capability (NDC) will create for travelers and the travel industry
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Airline distribution life cycle
- Direct and indirect distribution TMC (Travel Management Company)
- Airline distribution capability
- New Distribution Capability (NDC)
- One order
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agents, tour operators, business process outsourcing (BPO) call centers
- Airline reservation and ticket agents
- Agency/airline marketing and sales staff
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Delivery method: Unsupervised online-based exam. Assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 2 hours
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam/assessment attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.
Important Information: Our trainer are currently doing job with Travelport, Amadeus, Sabre, and many travel agencies. And IATA E-learning designed by IATA, which are operate by IATA, We help student to get the course with cheaper price. So simply we provide the IATA E-learning course to global travel market. Our online course operate by many travel agencies and travel business consultant. And workshop and training operate by zooFamily. Our students not only learn here, but also they can be a travel business entrepreneur with us! So it’s a unique platform to join us as a student.
We offer students a career profile as well, where the students will get B2B ID, GDS ID, IATA ID, and an official bank account, where the students will get their commission and job salary. With this career profile a students can apply for any kind of visa, even they can apply a job in the global travel marketplace! And in a school everyone can’t touch the success, only efficient and active students get the success. So let’s touch the global travel marketplace together!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes