This course is recommended for ‘Personnel Responsible for Processing or Accepting Dangerous Goods Consignments’ as per IATA’s DGR – section 1.5 and in accordance with function 7.3 in IATA’s ‘Dangerous Goods Training Guidance’. | Previously covered under category 6. Find out more about the CBTA approach, current courses and previous corresponding categories.
This interactive 3-D simulation will allow you to experience and perform the acceptance procedure in a realistic shipment scenario together with the documentation and full acceptance checklist. The simulation aims to reproduce a close-to-real process, assessing the employee skills and ensure that you are competent to perform your job function, fulfil your dangerous goods training requirements and be in full compliance with the regulations.
- The 3-D Simulation module requires approximately 4 hours to complete with a pass mark of 80% correct answers for each of the sessions, to be completed within 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the simulation module content.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
What you will learn
Upon completing this 3-D simulation you will have the skills to:
- Relate the full process of acceptance
- Assess the dangerous goods (DG) shipment information
- Simulate and practice the process of the acceptance of DG shipments
- Apply IATA’s DGR manual to be able to fully process, accept or reject DG shipment
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Shipment overview
- Dangerous Goods Declaration (DGD)
- Air Waybill
- DG Acceptance checklist
The DG Compass 3-D simulation provides a realistic representation of the acceptance process, utilizing dynamic images of the shipment, together with the accompanying documentation, DGD, Air Waybill and acceptance checklist.
- You will be able to identify the general shipment details
- Examine the documentations (DGD and Airwaybill) and validate vs the shipment
- Examine 360° the shipment to verify marking and labelling or any signs of damages or leakage
Who should attend
This module is recommended for:
- Airline cargo acceptance and cargo agency staff
- Cargo operations and ground handling staff
- Cargo agents, consolidators, freight forwarders involved in acceptance
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final assessment.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams. Your session includes 2 practice scenarios and 2 assessment scenarios. The 2 practice scenarios must be taken first and prior to the assessment scenarios.
- Practice scenarios do not have a time limit and can be taken at your own pace
- The results from the practice scenarios are not calculated for your final result
- Assessment scenarios can be taken at any time at your convenience
- Assessment scenarios must be taken one after the other, as the time limit is for both together
- The results from assessment scenario are calculated for your final result, which is the average result of both scenario
- Time allowance: 75 minutes combined for both assessment scenarios
Important Information: Our trainer are currently doing job with Travelport, Amadeus, Sabre, and many travel agencies. And IATA E-learning designed by IATA, which are operate by IATA, We help student to get the course with cheaper price. So simply we provide the IATA E-learning course to global travel market. Our online course operate by many travel agencies and travel business consultant. And workshop and training operate by zooFamily. Our students not only learn here, but also they can be a travel business entrepreneur with us! So it’s a unique platform to join us as a student.
We offer students a career profile as well, where the students will get B2B ID, GDS ID, IATA ID, and an official bank account, where the students will get their commission and job salary. With this career profile a students can apply for any kind of visa, even they can apply a job in the global travel marketplace! And in a school everyone can’t touch the success, only efficient and active students get the success. So let’s touch the global travel marketplace together!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes