This course is recommended for ‘Flight Crew’ as per IATA’s DGR – section 1.5 and in accordance with function 7.7 in IATA’s ‘Dangerous Goods Training Guidance’. | Previously covered under category 10. Find out more about the CBTA approach, current courses and previous corresponding categories.
A safe and efficient air transport system is dependent on a competent workforce, meaning that you must be trained in the functions for which you are responsible – whether or not this is noted in your job title. IATA recognizes that this is best achieved through a Competency Based Training and Assessment approach (CBTA). This interactive course will guide you in the tasks and responsibilities to ensure that you are competent to perform your job function and be in full compliance with the regulations. It has been designed as per IATA’s DGR – section 1.5 and in accordance with function 7.7 in IATA’s ‘Dangerous Goods Training Guidance’.
- This self-study e-learning course requires approximately 4 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months.
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam/assessment.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Access to the current IATA DGR is required to complete the exam. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Interpret hazard communication
- Detect unpermitted dangerous goods in baggage
- Interpret NOTOCs
- Apply emergency procedures
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Understanding the basics of dangerous goods
- Recognizing dangerous goods
- Identifying forbidden and hidden dangerous goods
- Manage dangerous goods pre and during the flight
- Content and interpretation of NOTOC
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Flight crew members (other than cabin or other crew members)
- Airlines training specialists
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will achieve an IATA “Award of Completion” available for you to print for your records. Please note: This award is valid for 24 months.
Please read the IATA Training Unsupervised Online Examination Student User Guide for Partner-taught or Self-study exams.
- Method: Unsupervised online exam The exam/assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 30 multiple-choice questions
- Access to the current IATA DGR is required to complete the exam.
- Time allowance: 75 minutes
- Passing grade: 80% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.
Important Information: Our trainer are currently doing job with Travelport, Amadeus, Sabre, and many travel agencies. And IATA E-learning designed by IATA, which are operate by IATA, We help student to get the course with cheaper price. So simply we provide the IATA E-learning course to global travel market. Our online course operate by many travel agencies and travel business consultant. And workshop and training operate by zooFamily. Our students not only learn here, but also they can be a travel business entrepreneur with us! So it’s a unique platform to join us as a student.
We offer students a career profile as well, where the students will get B2B ID, GDS ID, IATA ID, and an official bank account, where the students will get their commission and job salary. With this career profile a students can apply for any kind of visa, even they can apply a job in the global travel marketplace! And in a school everyone can’t touch the success, only efficient and active students get the success. So let’s touch the global travel marketplace together!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 6
- Assessments Yes