Now more than ever the aviation industry is committed to reducing and finding solutions to mitigate high CO2 emissions. The Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) is one of the actions taken by the aviation industry to address climate change. It is important to know exactly what CORSIA is, what it is intended to achieve and how it works in a basic sense. You will learn more about the different industry initiatives to tackle climate change and how CORSIA fits in with these initiatives. You’ll also learn about the main elements of CORSIA and the roles and responsibilities of the parties involved.
- This self-study e-learning course requires approximately 3 hours of study (1 hour on-demand video, and 2 hours of study), to be completed within 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam/assessment.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level.
- Student performance will be based on an exam/assessment. Please refer to the Exam/Assessment Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Explain climate change and the global impact of air transport
- Illustrate CORSIA’s contribution to the overall emissions reduction strategy
- Describe CORSIA’s phased implementation elements
- Explain the main characteristics of eligible emission units and describe the offsetting process
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the main parties involved in the Monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) process
- Reflect on the different components influencing an operator’s offset units
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Climate action framework
- CORSIA phased implementation voluntary and mandatory participation
- Monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) process
- Carbon offsetting and eligible emission units
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation professionals
- General public
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the IATA Training Unsupervised Online Examination Student User Guide for Partner-taught or Self-study exams.
- Method: Unsupervised online exam The exam/assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 20 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 1 hour
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Yes