Airports have an obligation to coordinate multi-agency activities in emergency or crisis situations. Internal communication is essential for aligned and proper care and assistance to affected persons. All members of staff are exposed to emergency situations and may have a role in the coordinated response. Experience has shown that shock and confusion are one of the inefficacies discovered after such incidents. All the employees may have a role in case of emergency even it if is not a part of the initial Emergency Response Plan (ERP). This e-learning course makes you as a member of the “airport community” understand the main components of an Emergency Response and illustrates how its challenges can be coped with.
- This e-learning course requires approximately 2 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Describe responsibilities, roles and functions of organizations involved in responding to emergencies or crises
- Describe the basic Humanitarian Response facilities provided at airports
- Recognize fundamental needs and requirements of directly affected persons and demonstrate empathetic communications
- Act as trustable member of the “airport community” in the initial hours following an occurrence
- Explain the most common used definitions, abbreviations and terminology
- Differentiate between “response”, “recovery” and “Business Continuity”
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Emergency and Crisis Management Fundamentals
- Types and phases of emergencies
- Responsibilities, roles and tasks
- Immediate Accident Response
- Recovery and Business Continuity
- Humanitarian Response
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All Airport Operators’ personnel
- Airline Station Staff
- All Ground Service Providers’ personnel
- Agencies such as Rescue and Fire Fighting,
- Police, Security, Medical Services
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the IATA Training Unsupervised Online Examination Student User Guide for Partner-taught or Self-study exams.
- Method: Unsupervised online exam The exam/assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 30 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 1.5 hours
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.
Important Information: Our trainer are currently doing job with Travelport, Amadeus, Sabre, and many travel agencies. And IATA E-learning designed by IATA, which are operate by IATA, We help student to get the course with cheaper price. So simply we provide the IATA E-learning course to global travel market. Our online course operate by many travel agencies and travel business consultant. And workshop and training operate by zooFamily. Our students not only learn here, but also they can be a travel business entrepreneur with us! So it’s a unique platform to join us as a student.
We offer students a career profile as well, where the students will get B2B ID, GDS ID, IATA ID, and an official bank account, where the students will get their commission and job salary. With this career profile a students can apply for any kind of visa, even they can apply a job in the global travel marketplace! And in a school everyone can’t touch the success, only efficient and active students get the success. So let’s touch the global travel marketplace together!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 16
- Assessments Yes