Feeling unable to explain your agency’s financials? Are you frustrated that you don’t understand accounting transactions or your financial statements? Why they are so important?
Your agency’s financial health is key to the survival of your business; analyzing and controlling your finances leads to strong business plans and better strategic decisions. Learn to speak accounting language, grasp accounting principles and interpret financial statements to assess and steer your business. This step-by-step, interactive online course walks you through practical accounting and finance procedures and proven strategies for profitability. Supporting case studies and simulation activities makes this course practical and stimulates creative thinking to help you assess whether your business meets the requirements of investment, government and industry regulators such as IATA.
- This e-learning course requires approximately 20 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months.
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam/assessment.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- Student performance will be based on an exam/assessment.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Interpret standard annual and management accounts : income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, budget and forecast workbooks
- Analyse financial data to make business decisions and draft a business plan
- Create a budget according to the business plan, track performance and forecast with action plans
- Choose an accounting system that supports business goals and needs
- Define cost saving strategies to manage unpredictable costs
- Identify financing options best suited to the travel agency’s needs and goals
- Benchmark your business performance against IATA accreditation criteria and ratios
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle and business planning at a travel agency
- Financial reports, annual and management accounts
- Accounting systems and data management
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Cost and cash flow management, and financing options
Who should attend
This course is recommended for existing or aspiring:
- Retail and wholesale travel business owners, managers, and supervisors
- Independent travel consultants and home-based agents
- Travel shop accounting and finance staff
- External accounting consultants and service providers
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
- Delivery method: Unsupervised online-based exam. Assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 60 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 2 hours
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam/assessment attempts: 2
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.
Important Information: Our trainer are currently doing job with Travelport, Amadeus, Sabre, and many travel agencies. And IATA E-learning designed by IATA, which are operate by IATA, We help student to get the course with cheaper price. So simply we provide the IATA E-learning course to global travel market. Our online course operate by many travel agencies and travel business consultant. And workshop and training operate by zooFamily. Our students not only learn here, but also they can be a travel business entrepreneur with us! So it’s a unique platform to join us as a student.
We offer students a career profile as well, where the students will get B2B ID, GDS ID, IATA ID, and an official bank account, where the students will get their commission and job salary. With this career profile a students can apply for any kind of visa, even they can apply a job in the global travel marketplace! And in a school everyone can’t touch the success, only efficient and active students get the success. So let’s touch the global travel marketplace together!
- Lectures 2
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 20 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 25
- Assessments Yes